Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Shiny . . .things . . . everywhere . . . must concentrate! Gahhh!

I've been thinking a lot about the things people make. Handmade, lovingly crafted, interesting and fascinating things . . . and once again I've been spending too much time enviously ogling other's productivity and not being very productive myself.

I think that's all about to change. With the exception of the exceptionally hot days we've been having, I intend to work a little bit on at least one project per day (more on the weekends). Already I feel my motivation rising with the approach of Fall and, specifically, Halloween. Before the season really begins I'll have time to practice my sewing, costume designing, needleworking, adhesive using, jerryrigging, character makeup applying and anything else I left out.

Because the only thing I've finished in the last few months has been my bag and it is a simple thing.


I'm also working on a test embroidery piece to get back into the swing of working thread. I don't really like the evenweave I'm using, but so far it's a cute design.


Now, the list of projects I will hopefully be finishing by winter:

Halloween Costumes
- Martian from 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians'
- Miss Argentina from 'Beetle Juice'
- Undead Girl Scout from Isabella's imagination

Embroidery
- Demon vs. Possessed Starfish (see above)
- An original design by Igor (hopefully)

Bookbinding
- Finsh up a couple coverless textblocks I have lying around
- Make Coptic bound book
- Exchange bookbinding lesson for message (I really need a message)

To Much? Did I mention I also want to take Dutch lessons and start to try and get one of my stories published? Well, I figure if I make my list huge I might actually get half of it done.

And finally, some internets offerings I've been wasting time on lately:
Crappy Taxidermy
Awkward Family Photos
Engrish
WTF Costumes

No comments: