Thursday, November 23, 2006

The story of our hike last weekend

Last saturday I went for a hike out by Germantown Road (which is different than the road to Germantown, I learned).


Shauna and I frollicked in the autumnal forest, making crowns of dying leaves and poking at dead slugs (I think it was dead, maybe it was just petrified that two giants with leaves in their hair were poking at it)


We thought about dressing up in historically accurate costumes and confusing people who came along the road.


I unecessarily explored river beds.


We found dime sized mushrooms


Then I got startled by something

and fled


Shauna stoically kept her bearings

until she saw something dumbfounding

and she hid behind a leaf


We finally got out of the woods and tried to go eat at a stupid vegan pirate restaurant


they were closed

The End

P.S. The Moral: I learned there are lots of fire hydrants in Portland's hiking areas


my moment of understanding with the hydrant

No comments: