Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's been a long week

What have I been doing for the last week? Stuffing my face (with turkey and sushi), rollerskating, hiding from the world and having minor crises. All in a week's work.

Last Monday a few of us went out for my friend Shauna's birthday and had a sushi/assorted fried Japanese food feast at the sushi place on Gladstone. The waiter corrected me when I ordered an Ichiban. When I said Ichiban, he looked at me with raised eyebrows and asked, 'Kirin?' I looked side to side uncertainly and said, 'Yes, Ichiban'. Maybe he just thought I was saying I'd like one and was not specifying which one I'd like (the waiter was in no way Japanese). There was also saki in a box on a plate that was very good.

Thanksgiving was good and alcohol soaked. For a while tensions ran high,

but the cranberry sauce came out beautifully


On Saturday night I went rollerskating and seriously fucked up my knee.
I now have gorgeous blue, green and purple blotches around my kneecap.


I also met another Gwen

yeah, all Gwens are pretty damn rockin'.
There was a lot of dancing going on in the parking lot outside the skating rink - then Cori had a White Snake moment

No comments: