Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What has the IFL got that I haven't

On Monday night I was sitting at home , watching the IFL and feeling pretty useless. That’s the International Fight League for those who don’t know (it's only international because there's one team from Tokyo, even though most of that team is made up of Americans). There's even a team from Oregon, The Wolfpack - grrrrr! Watching Monday night Fox programing is kinda depressing and made me aware of every precious second of my life I was wasting. I was also playing a computer game - but saving the universe from the dark side of the Force is not the kind of productive that makes the world a better place. It was so bad that I was looking at the IFL fighters and feeling crappy that they've done more with their lives than I have. IFL fighters, the rejects of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, were making me feel like a loser. Some days are worse than others.

Yesterday I should have done more to get my little scooter insured , should have packed some - but I worked until 5:30 and then had to take a shower and go shopping. The little things always take up so much time, the minutiae of day to day life, and all my big plans tend to get pushed aside.

So, today I tried to break the cycle of inactivity and feeling useless. I went into the office for most of the day (even got all pur-teed up in a fancy skirt and my cowboy boots), came home and washed the dishes, packed some more while watching Tron, actually responded to some emails and sewed some more of the cloth book for my cousin (yes, I have been working on that since December). Oh and the best thing I did today . . . bought a rad helmet to wear when i ride my scooter.

I have to wait until it's mailed to me to try it on, but as long as it's big enough for all my hair, i will have one bitchin' helmet.

*And* I came to the decision that I need to clarify some of my personal feelings - figuring out how I'm going to do that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Now a quote from one of the IFL's champion fighters:
"I like to punch my opponents in the face because people in the audience like that, it really seems to get people excited."

1 comment:

hardcori said...

that truly is a bitchin' helmet!